In 1885, we were founded by John Baxter in Glasgow. He was joined by Colonel John Dunn and John Gray, and became Baxter Dunn & Gray. Other offices were opened over the years to serve the various Councils and Burghs in that area. In 1956, a permanent office was opened in Wick, followed by the Aberdeen office in 1968. With over 125 years of history and heritage we are proud to remain an independent consultancy offering quantity surveying, contract advice, CDM Co-ordination and a wide range of dispute resolution and avoidance services to clients.
For the last decade, we have operated a strategic alliance with established cost consultants Allan & Hanel (Glasgow) and Thomson Gray (Edinburgh and Melrose). This allows us to provide extensive geographical coverage to clients, throughout Scotland, from five offices and with a staff complement of over 40 professional and technical staff
With effect from 1st February 2015 Baxter Dunn & Gray Ltd have changed their name to BDG Thomson Gray Ltd. This rebranding is another step forward in the collaboration between our firm and Thomson Gray, which was formally launched in June 2013.
This collaborative partnership gives both organisations a larger resource and skill base as well as a wider geographic spread. It also allows enhanced services to be provided to clients throughout Scotland from our offices in Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Melrose and Wick.